Our specialist librarians in our Research Centres often give presentations, seminars and workshops throughout the Auckland Libraries region, the old Auckland province and New Zealand - both in libraries and also for community groups such as Historical Societies, SeniorNet, Probus, Round Table, and various branches and interest groups of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists.
They also often speak at events such as conferences, expos and Fairs.
An example of topics that our Central Auckland Research Centre research librarians have delivered:
- Ancestry (all levels)
- Auckland Council Archives
- Auckland Libraries Family History eResources
- Beginning your Family History*
- British Newspaper Archives
- Bust down those brick walls: tips and tricks to help solve your family history puzzle;
- Cite that Source!
- English family history
- Facebook for Genealogists
- Findmypast (all levels)
- Hospital records
- Irish Family History
- Military (use of official histories)
- New Zealand Family History research
- North American genealogy
- Oral History for Family Historians
- Pacific Island Family History Resources
- Passenger lists and immigration*
- Poor Law records
- Probates and wills
- Researching First World War records
- Researching your family history from New Zealand
- Scottish Family History
- Searching your family on the internet*
- Social Media for Family Historians
- Treasures of the Central Auckland Research Centre
- Using newspapers and magazines for family history*
- Using the Scottish Sasines
- What's in my Genes? Examining death records
In addition to talks, our specialist staff can also assist or run family history workshops for groups.
If you would like one of our research librarians to come and talk to your group please email us your request
*Topics with an asterisk have also been delivered to school groups at an age appropriate level.